Monday, December 19, 2011

It's been a minute. Sorry about that.

Update: No longer working at AttB. Lost that job. Found another job, working for Sodexo, a food service company that works for colleges, hospitals, and all that junk. I'm working in the coffee shop, but...in all honesty, not really making much coffee. Mostly just warming up sammiches and selling RedBull. *sigh*

I'm working full time, making more money an hour than I ever have, but...it's hard realizing that no one I work with particularly cares about the quality of coffee that we're selling...or that the students really don't give a shit either, aside from the drink having caffeine in it. *sigh* I feel like since IAG, I've slowly wandered away from the reason I fell in love with barista-work: making quality beverages. but. *sigh*

Losing my job at the bean screwed my money situation. I had to dip into my New Year's fund in order to pay bills, so...Greg n Burgs aren't going to be together for New years, which sucks. This on top of him being super busy with work and finals...it's been hard. I haven't heard from him much for the past week or so, and it's been mostly short bullshit conversations. I don't know. Things will be fine, I have faith in that. It's just rough right now.

I've been insanely homesick as of late. The longer I'm here, the more I realize that I don't particularly fit in here. Not to sound egotistical and elitist, but...the people I've met here that are around my age are just...uneducated. Uncultured. In talking to Laura on the phone last night, we randomly got on the topic of political utopias. I can't imagine having that conversation with anyone that I've met here thusfar. I don't know. I just feel out of place.

So. I guess things have been worse, but things have been better. That's about it. I can't focus right now, so I think I'mma crash for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment