Friday, November 30, 2012

Update.

I have a million and one things that I should be doing right now, but I'm in a post- lo mein coma, so any attempts to keep studying would be fairly fruitless. Thus, I will take twenty minutes, blather an update, and then make more coffee.

Two weeks from today, I will be on my merry way to Memphis to see Greg.  I keep having to pinch myself, to make sure this is actually happening. Things have been going really well since our reconnection post-Amy, and with that particular situation handled on MY terms, I feel confident moving forward. Lots of future plans. He is considering me when making his future educational/vocational plans, and even asking my opinions. We've come a long way. He's considering grad school right here, in the lovely state of Florida, which..I can't tell you how happy that would make me. (The only thing that would be better would be us together, back in the Lou. We both miss it terribly.)

I'll spend a week in Memphis, come home, repack my suitcase, spend a quick minute with the Chewster and then make the trek with mama to the Lou for a weekish there for Christmas.  I'm looking forward to this in a different way. I'm excited to spend time with the grandparents, I'm excited to see KT, Schubs, Garrett, Boston--whoever I end up seeing.  I'm excited to be able to be back in my city--to know where I'm going with confidence, to be able to go to my old favorite places, with people who are like-minded and wonderful.


HOWEVER.

Before I get to do anything fun, I have to survive the next two weeks of classes. There's so much to do, and it feels like there's not enough time. I'm me, I don't ever work as fast or as efficiently as I could/should be, because...I don't know. I never have. However, I'm trying to stay on top of things best I can. I've got papers, tests, reading, studying, note taking, the whole nine yards. I feel like all this stuff kinda just...poof! appeared, and now I'm blowing my brains out to stay afloat. However, you and I know the truth, humble blog readers--I'm lazy. I found myself engaging in a couple of behaviors over the course of this semester that always get me into trouble--mostly, not staying motivated, and not going to class.

It's a frustrating feeling to know that while, yes, I'm blowing my brains out now trying to stay caught up because of all the classes I've missed over the past month or so due to...whatever you want to call it (I'm sure some people will call it depression, I would call it general worn-out-ed-ness/laziness)...I'm still doing fairly well in basically all of my classes. I have a 100% in my lit class, an A in spanish, B's in cognitive and social psych, and a C that can be bumped to a B in stats if I do well on this next test. In other words, kids, be like me...skip a bunch of classes, do the work at home in your jammies, and still do just as well as those fools that roll out of bed and go to class every day. *wink*

This is part of the reason why I made an effort to take classes online next semester--and the classes I do have to be on campus for are in the afternoon. I'm stuck in this night-owl space--I might as well embrace it and be able to do homework at 3AM without dealing with the punishment of having to roll out of bed in 3 hours to go attempt to stay awake through class.

There's so much more I could write about, but I actually should get some stuff done. I'll try to be better about writing. (Especially over Christmas break--I'm sure I'll have some fun stories from my travels!)

<3 br="br">

No comments:

Post a Comment