Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back into the swing of things.

It's been a few minutes since I've updated, and I've got plenty to update about, so...let's get to it, shall we?

--I survived my first semester at USF, which is pretty exciting (at least, to me.) I did fairly decently...I ended up with an A+ in lit, an A in spanish, a B+ in cognitive psych, a B in social psych, and a C in stats. (A C that really should be a C+, if it weren't for the fact that he didn't "believe" in the +/- system. How can you not believe in it if it's a real thing? Stupid.) So, I got a 3.3 for the semester, which bumped my cumulative GPA a tad bit. Right now it's hovering right below a 3.1, so as long as I keep on track the next couple of semesters, I should be more than covered for the GPA aspect of getting into grad school. (Most schools are looking for a 3.0 or higher GPA, so while I'll more than likely be on the lower end of that, hopefully I can make it up with decent GRE scores.)

--Going to see Greg in Memphis was absolutely wonderful. We had a lot of low-key fun, since neither of us really oozing excess funds to do a ton of stuff, but it was just wonderful to get to spend time with him again and to meet his family. His parents are adorable and sweet, and we got along great. (This was something I was generally terrified of going into it.) I'm excited to see them again in March. 

--St. Louis was pretty nice as well. To be honest, the combination of all the traveling to and from Memphis and finals kicked my ass from an energy standpoint, so while there were people I should have seen and things I should have done and didn't, I enjoyed my time there. As always, it was awesome to get the chance to spend time with my Katykat...who was pretty much the only person I saw who wasn't family. I'll be better about fitting everyone in next time.  I'm also excited to be THERE in March.

--New Years was a non-event. I had an irish coffee and a Mythbusters marathon while my parents watched Star Wars. Hell, the only one of us that had anything to do was Cody, who went to some band party function with his ladyfriend. So...yay New Years. Whatever. Pretty much since I've left the Lou, it's turned into just another night.

--The semester started Monday, and...it'll be fine. Another semester of too much studying and wearing out my brain. Yanno. Things I've gotten used to. (I'm trying to muster enthuasium, and right now I'm worn out from the four hours of homework I just finished.)


...this is intensely condensed and scrimped on the details, mostly because I'm tired and my brain is jelly. I'll put some face time soon and actually expand upon my life, but...for those of you that keep track of my shenanigans via this blog, update. It happened. ;)

<3 br="br">

No comments:

Post a Comment