Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Schmeh.

Ben was amazing. AMAAAAZING.
I had fun with Becky, but honestly, I almost wish I had gone it alone...or with someone who enjoys Ben Folds as much as I do. (She looked bored, and I felt bad.)

He played "Evaporated", which I never expected to hear live...and it was amazing. This is my favorite Ben song, and has a lot of weird, emotional meaning to me. I might have cried during it. Felt stupid for doing so after the fact, but...very few people seem to understand my attachments to music and what they do to me. Which is why going to concerts with me is always strange. I'm aware. It's a side of me that few people see...the side of me that is genuinely happy in the moment.

I need to get caught up on things. I'm behind on my physics class...unintentionally. I should look at AM/PM better next time. [Had a lab that I thought was due at midnight tonight...it was due at noon. Found out around 5pm.] I have a million and one phone calls I need to return...although now it'll be hard since my phone broke and I lost numbers. again.

I've had two job opportunities arise in the past couple of days: one with Jen, working at the Maryville cafeteria. This sounds boring, and I'm sure it will be, however, the pay's decent, and I'd be able to get hours AND the job ends in May. That'd be convenient in that my leaving wouldn't hurt anyone. The other is with Becky, at a coffeeshop down Clayton. They're on the hunt for morning people, the pay's better than Kaldi's, and I'd get to actually make coffee and be useful. I've filled out the application for Deer Creek Coffee, and I'll go talk to them Friday. Either way, I'm excited to be able to GTFO of Kaldi's.

With all the snow days and whatnot, it'll be hard to get back into the swing of things, but I'm trying. Worked at Wehrles tonight. Tomorrow, a mid at Kaldis. Friday, I'm off, job hunting, packing, laundry. The weekend is owned by both coffee shops. Might be kicking it with Jen for the superbowl.

I really need to start getting on this whole moving business. It's just hard to scrape up the desire to once again pack up my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment