Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween, the 24th edition

No, my blogglings, I didn't forget about you. I've just been a busy girl, in that whole way that I don't do much and yet manage to kill lots of time.

So...updates...updates...

All right.

Update #1: Mama n Dave got a puppy! Her name is Britta, she's a sevenish month old husky/German Shepard mix, and my absolute new favorite thing in life. I love this friggin dog. So. Effin. Much. She's a GIANT spaz, chewing everything and everyone in existence.

How on Earth can you say no to this face?

Update #2: Speaking of pets, Schubs is in the process of downsizing her animal collection, and I'm going to be adopting this little fuzzy bunnyball. Chewie's always been my favorite, and I never thought that I'd be taking in the little guy, but holy jeez, I'm super excited. He's going to be making the trip down to Florida with Katie when she comes to visit. (Of which she will be paid in hugs, my cooking, and sushi.) I'm so excited to have this little guy become part of my little family.


Update #3: The Cardinals won the World Series! Somehow, some way, I got dragged into watching the playoffs and caring about baseball for once. I have a feeling it has something to do with this goofball here.


...speaking of that goofball, things are great. We talk all the time, skype has been really awesome in making him feel a little less far away, and well...I'm working on getting the monies together to trip up to see him as soon as I can. He makes me smile....ok, he makes me grin like a complete doofus. There have been a lot of little things that make feel comfortable and secure in this...whatevership. The connection between us is definitely growing, and I just...I don't know. I don't know what I'm trying to say, aside from the fact that things are good, he's amazing, and I cannot wait to see him, whenever that ends up being.

Update #4: Burgy the Bridesmaid strikes! Stephie, one of my oldest and dearest friends, asked me if I would be a bridesmaid in her wedding, and well...I agreed. She knows me, knows that I will be awkward and goofy and has come to terms with the fact that most of her wedding pictures will have faces and awkwardness like this in them.

But in all honesty...the dress is actually quite pretty. I don't hate it. I just need to get it altered, because it's huge on me.

Update #5: Work is awesome. I love my job. Been there about a month, and well...I'm SO glad to NOT be working at Steam. I'm STILL trying to get this woman to pay me for the two weeks I was there, which is driving me batty. I need that money for a trip to Memphis (or to catch up on my student loans...whichever strikes my fancy)...and well, her deadline of November first is here. If it's not in my mailbox today, I start getting authorities and business codes on her ass. It's been over a month, and well...it doesn't take six weeks to mail a durn check. The end.

Update #6: I've come to a place where I feel like I can comfortably stop going to therapy. It wasn't a decision I came to lightly, and talked about it ad nauseum with my mom and a few close compatriots. For now, I'm going to keep going with the medication, but...honestly, I've been forgetting to take it a lot as of late. oops.

Honestly, I'm happy. I'm a bit lonely at times with my friends being so scattered across the country, but you know what? They still love me, I still love them, and well...there's a reason I'm paying so much for this durn phone, and on the internet, and bought this webcam. I'll make friends when I'm meant to make friends, and that's that.

I have another writing project I've been brainstorming and planning, as well as the merchandising project at work, the photo-collage project I've been trying to get together, and of course, the Great Reorganization, which STILL needs finishing. I've got three or four books I've been reading, practicing poker online, gaming, and playing with the pupster.

All right. It's 2:30 in the morning, I should try and get some sleep...or at least enjoy the fact that there are copious amounts of horror movies on cable, for once. I love Halloween.

I'll be better about writing, promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment