Monday, November 28, 2011

"You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops..."

I have a job interview tomorrow with a law school campus coffee shop. I have an interview for a coffee shop that is just opening in Tampa on Wednesday. I'm also planning on going to *another* shop in Madeira Beach and dropping off a resume.

...because I got let go at AttB. Which sucks.

It's amiable. Well...about as amiable as I can be when I'm getting screwed over. But. There are no *real* hard feelings. I know me...I'll probably still roll in there and bug them often, as per everyone's request. I'm going in tomorrow to turn in my key and meet with Taylor. Hopefully, I'll have that bookstore job in the bag by then, and can feel ok about this. It's been one of those weekends where I've gone from crying in bed to smashing things to acceptance of this...all within two minutes.

But. I'm done emotionally reacting and am now in survival mode. (Although I grow weary of having to click into survival mode so often.)

My mom and Greg have both been super awesome at making sure I didn't lose my shit, as well as KT, who has seen me lose my shit so many times she should write a manual in handling me. (It would involve tacos and coffee, I'm sure.)

*sigh*

It may seem irresponsible, but I'm going to go ahead and book the boy's ticket for New Years. Honestly, I contemplated not doing it, but...this is something we both need. Yeah, this isn't a survival "food-water-shelter" kind of need, but moreso a mental health need. We both need a break, and we need to be together, even if it's just for a few days.

I also would like to know where my copy of the Royal Tennenbuams is. Stupid DVD-eating room. Happens every time I clean...I lose things.

Mk. I'm off to go watch movies and enjoy this cloudy day. I'll post an update after interviews, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment