Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Post #16. Parents: A Wishlist.

-I wish that both of the father-figures would understand just how much they've scarred their children.
-I wish that my mom had stood up for us when we kids.
-I wish I understood them both better.
-I wish no one had to feel the physical and emotional abuse from them both.
-I wish they took the time to understand me.
-I wish they took an active interest in me growing up.
-I wish my biological father loved me as much as my brother. I wish my step-dad loved me as much as his addictions.
-I wish that the traits I despise most in myself--my ADD, my impatience, my tendency to go from zero to angry in 2.5 seconds--weren't traits from my father.
-I wish the love from my mom was enough.
-I wish that my biological family never reappeared in my life. but only sometimes, and only a little bit.
-I wish my brother hadn't forgiven my biological father until I was ready to.
-I wish that everyone would let go of their expectations for me.
-I wish that my half sisters didn't have the same emotional daddy issues as I do.
-I wish that I could trust them. Any of them.
-I wish I could forget the price tag my biological father gave up his children for.
-I wish I could forget my step-dad skipping my choir dinner because they didn't serve alcohol.
-I wish that these men had half the balls my mom does. She owned her shit and apologized.
-I wish they realized that an apology and a hug is all I really want.

Mostly, I wish I could let go of my wrath, bitterness, resentment, and disappointment and just be a good daughter, instead of this hateful bitch.



This song always makes me cry, including now.
K's Choice--Dad
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjeczlm1ywi

No comments:

Post a Comment