Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wait, Is it time for a music post?

Hells yes.

First of all. Glee. You finna get a beatdown. Ok. At first, I really liked your show. I really did. I even have the first 13 episodes on DVD. but it's gotten progressively more...annoying. Dramatic. Less about show choir, more about high school character dramatics and substandard musical performances. I binged and caught up with the second season online, and if I may have a Chris Crocker moment:

LEAVE FLORENCE + THE MACHINES ALONE!

Have Britney. Amy. Gaga. Leave my lovely indie bands alone plzthnx.

That's all I have to say about that.

Moving on...so, does anyone remember hellogoodbye? Dropped an LP on Drive Thru Records in 2007. adorable, sweet, synth-pop-punk album. Adorable guys. Kinda fell off the radar...until recently. They've dropped a new album, Would It Kill You?. I have three words.

A. Maze. Ing.

They grew up! It's still adorable. It's still catchy. Some elements of the synth sound, but for the most part they're working to showcase Forrest's vocal talent and the musicianship of the rest of the guys. These boys can play. This dude can SING. They're also putting the album out on their own label, called Wasted Summer. Which would've been a great title for this record. It has a great summer-driving to the beach with the top down, radio-blasting kind of feel. However, releasing it now...it makes my car feel like sunshine, even though it's stupid cold. I'm obsessed with the horn section in "Betrayed By Bones" currently, as well as the general use of Forrest's ukulele skills.

As always, my opinion is just that, an opinion. So check it for yourself :) [I always share. :) ]

...Other than that, I've been listening to a LOT of old stuff lately. Been taking it 2003 style, rocking the Elliot Smith/Modest Mouse/Jeff Buckley/Garbage hard. [It's winter, it's not my fault.] Also been rocking Animal Collective and TV on the Radio. It's the hipster in me. She can't help it.

I'm really just waiting for the new Decemberists album to drop in January. eeeee! I'll start looking for leaks soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

All right. I've put off studying and all that long enough. Time to hit the books.
Enjoy suckaaaas. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment