Tuesday, December 7, 2010

...Why Don't I begin again?

So.
I am refusing to be in this slump any longer. I refuse to sit back and be complacent. I refuse to just whine and not act.

I am not a victim. I am a victor.

School's done. I refuse to whine about Kaldi's anymore. I am accepting that this is a temporary situation--I will make the best of my situation. I can start by getting familiar with their regulars. By working hard at the things that I am allowed to do. By practicing the things I'm supposed to practice. To ask questions. To be friendly and get to know my co-workers.

I also have Wehrles'. This is an opportunity to make the money I need, and to keep up my barista skills. This is also an opportunity to keep the people I've really grown to love from IAG in my life.

I also now will have the time to rededicate to myself. My apartment is in mild shambles, because I haven't had the time/energy to clean it. I'm behind on laundry. My state of clean is usually a decent reflection of my mental state, and well...I woke up today, took a look around, a REAL look around, and realized that this just won't do.

I am not the victim. I am the victor, especially in my own life.

I don't have it rough. I am quite QUITE blessed. These past couple of months have been rough, but I refuse to let circumstances ruin my outlook any longer.


I'm posting this song, because it is Regina Spektor, and we all know my love for her. It's an old one, but one of my favorites. The imagery is amazing, and I can appreciate "cold Campbell's from a can...as it has become a staple to my diet as of late.

Much love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment