Friday, August 5, 2011

Taking a break.

...from working on my reorganization of my digital music collection. (which has been ongoing since I got here. I've gotten almost everything organized, and am now in the process of relinking songs on my iTunes, which is tedious and time consuming.)

So, my roommate Paul has been unemployed since June of last year. He was let go from a graphics design firm after 20 years. Got a fatty severance package, and took six months off of life and got back into school to learn more about the web design aspect of graphics. He's still looking for a job...and well, the severance package is about gone. He's beginning to worry about how to continue paying for the house we live in, bills, the whole nine. He's had several interviews, several second interviews, third interviews, and yet...nothing. and while I've put in about a dozen applications various places, I have yet to receive a phone call from anywhere. Being unemployed is getting to both of us.

Been talking to Greg a lot since he and Brooke split. Which...is what it is. There's talk that he might come down to FL to visit me in September and/or October. Basically, we've established that we enjoy each other's company, but that the distance makes things hard. We've also established that both of us are really not in places where any sort of serious relationship is a good idea. (he's getting over Brooke in a strange way, and I'm trying to put myself back together) So. I adore him. He adores me. That's all we have, and frankly, all we need. We've now reached a point where we can be completely honest with each other from an emotional standpoint--which is awesome. He's spending the week in Alaska on a cruise with his family...and invited me to tag along, which would have been amazing. However, plane fare to meet up with them cost monies, and well...I lack monies. So. Still in Florida.

Been researching counselors and psychologists, and have narrowed it down to the one I think I'll be going to. He's close by, and his school of psychology is something I'm interested in, and think I'd be willing to work with. So, now it's a matter of figuring out the insurance stuff and scheduling an appointment. If the insurance aspect doesn't work out, I will be crabby. Seriously crabby.

I think I'm reaching the point where I need to start job hunting outside of coffee...I just really don't like the idea of working some shithole job that I will hate. As nerdy and weird as it sounds, coffee is my calling, my passion...and everything else I've tried, I've been able to do, but not necessarily succeed. I got by at Old Navy, but I hated it, and well...they weren't giant fans of me either. HT (both places) loved me, but at WestCo, I was generally awful at getting people to sign up for things and hated asking. Crestwood was whatever...I wasn't expected to sign people up for shit, because we all knew the store was closing. I just...I love coffee, I'm great at all aspects of it, I have a ton of experience...I didn't think that finding a job would be this difficult, to be honest. Oh well. I will find something when I am meant to find something, and until then, all I can do is continue looking and filling out applications.

*sigh*

Part of me is so ready to get back into the work force. The other part of me is terrified of screwing it up...or letting my depression screw it up. Kaldis and DC were both experiences that were immensely effected by my mental state at the time...and while I'm trying hard to get better, there are days where I'm not great. and well...I don't want to blow it again.

Mk. I need to attempt sleep. It's 4AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment